Coronavirus ( Covid-19 ) Update:
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, your health and safety is a priority to all of us here at Phoenix Physical Therapy. Based on recommendations we took pre-emptive measures and closed the clinic on March 16, 2020.
On March 18, 2020, Physiotherapy Alberta College + Association provided an update to members. Click here to read update. The decision to close defers to the experts within the Government of Alberta and currently they are not mandating us to close. Staying open lessens the burden on our health system, including emergency departments, physician’s offices and urgent care clinics.
Thus the GOOD NEWS: we assessed our office space and practices and have decided it is safe to re-open our doors with the following preventative measures:
- Before they attend their appointment, clients will be screened for respiratory illness or risk factors for COVID-19 based on the following:
- recent international travel,
- close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19,
- or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
- Phoenix Physical Therapy staff reserve the right to request a client to leave and rebook for a future date if the client appears to be exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms.
- An additional 15-30 minutes will be added between each appointment to allow for a high level of cleaning & disinfection with the use of Benefect® Botanical Disinfectant in the treatment room and all high traffic touch surfaces as an added precaution.
- The additional time between appointments will adhere to social distancing by allowing only one client (or two family members) in the clinic at a time.
- Use of frequent hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette by both staff and clients.
- Directing staff who are ill to stay home.
- Conducting client-specific risk assessments to determine clients who may need to be rescheduled for a later date due to their individual health needs or health status and discussing the results of the risk assessment with the client.
- Waiving all cancellation fees, clients are encouraged to cancel if not feeling well.
Welcome to Phoenix!
It seems logical to conclude if you are reading this, you are interested in our medical services – and we have number of them!
Our physical therapy services are offered by a team of therapists with a combined experience of over 50 years! They share a vision of exceptional client care and spend your treatment time with you only. You can check out their individual skill sets by following the Physical Therapy link.
It has taken time but massage therapy is finally being recognized for its highly effective impact in health care management. Our two therapists offer a variety of massage services including pre natal, sports, therapeutic and relaxation massage. Click on the massage therapy tab for more information about the services and therapists that love their job.
So you see Phoenix is much more than physical therapy. With our unique team and combined knowledge of western and eastern medicine, we are ready to assist you with your health care needs.